It’s Day one of a three-day-to-do-athon-weekend. Because of my day job, I couldn’t have the rigger come down last week so we are home on the dock for the 4th this year. That gives us time to rock the to do list.
- Finished the ash battens in the aft berth
- Finished the ash battens in the v-berth
- Finished the ash battens in all the little open lockers (3 book shelves) in aft berth and salon
- Teak trim is back in place in the aft berth
- Teak trim is back in place in the v-berth
- Main and Mizzen mast track gates polished, isolated from paint with tape and installed with rivets
- Mizzen and main winch pads covered with isolation tape to protect the the newly shiny masts
- Mizzen mast winches (2) installed and lubricated
- Main mast winches (2) installed and lubricated
- Mizzen Boom installed
- Mizzen boom gates and mizzen sheet installed
- Hole drilled in the v-berth foot locker to accommodate new main mast wiring and all wires pulled forward into the wiring harness area. Nothing hooked up yet though.
- Spinnaker pole dry fitted to mast track - This isn’t done yet, but I verified the pole will definitely fit on the track and the slides to attach it to the track all work fine on the new t-track. This is a HUGE improvement to the usable deck space; way better than storing it on chocks on the stanchions.
- Dropped the shop-vac (while it was on) off the dock and into Puget Sound - Luckily it also pretty much unplugged simultaneously. I’ll try it tomorrow after it dries out.
Wow, that’s more than I thought… awesome ! The list probably won’t be as long tomorrow, but hopefully we’ll knock off some big projects. Pics will be taken tomorrow as well.