HomeAmateur RadioGet your HAM On !


Get your HAM On ! — 1 Comment

  1. Two thumbs WAY up! And folks… get the General license if you are looking at ham radio for cruising. The frequencies you need to access for Winlink (aka, free email from the middle of the Pacific ocean!) and key radio nets (e.g. Pacific Seafarer’s Net) are NOT open to those who stop at a Tech license. But truly, if you’re studying for one, it’s really not a stretch to study for both!

    We don’t have dependable internet access from the boat in Mexico, but found Nu-test (downloadable online) to be a great way to study on the laptop without requiring that we be online.