Since its been a few years since we lived in Seattle I surveyed my friends about their favorite places and things in the city.
What is your must see tourist site?
Fremont and things in Fremont were a clear cut winner, which is funny because I don’t think any of my friends live in Fremont.
Underground Tour (2)
A close second was the Underground Tour and apparently they now also have an “adult” version of the tour for the 21+ crowd. When I knew I was moving to Seattle from NJ in Junior High, I did a book report on the Underground Tour. Its a little odd now that I think about it, but there was a narrow and thin book on the Tour in my Middle School library in Mt. Laurel, NJ. I recommend the tour as well.
The Underground Tour | http://www.undergroundtour.com/index.html
The Underground Underworld Tour | http://www.undergroundtour.com/underworld/index.html | [21+]
Two people suggested complete itineraries:
Ferry to Bainbridge, ice cream at Mora, ferry back downtown timed for sunset. Best in summertime obviously.
While your there also go to Bloedel Reserve from the others list.
Bike to West Seattle, eat all the things, water taxi back across at night
Plan your Bike Route: http://www.ridethecity.com/seattle#3877809
Water Taxi Information: http://kingcounty.gov/transportation/kcdot/WaterTaxi.aspx
The others in Alphabetical Order:
- Bloedel Reserve | http://www.bloedelreserve.org/ | “Bainbridge Island”
- Discovery Park | http://www.seattle.gov/parks/environment/discovery.htm
- Flying Heritage Collection | http://flyingheritage.com/
- Kayaking | https://www.bing.com/search?setmkt=en-US&q=kayaking+seattle+wa | [So many great options]
- Museum of Flight Restoration Center at Paine Field | http://www.museumofflight.org/restoration
- Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) | http://www.mohai.org/
- Olympic Sculpture Park | http://seattleartmuseum.org/visit/olympic-sculpture-park
- Seattle Great Wheel | http://seattlegreatwheel.com/
- Smith Tower Observation Deck | http://smithtower.com/observe/observation-deck-info-calendar/
- Volunteer Park Water Tower | http://www.seattle.gov/PARKS/park_detail.asp?id=399
- Woodland Park Zoo | http://www.zoo.org/ | “I love the Zoo!”