Since its been a few years since we lived in Seattle I surveyed my friends about their favorite places and things in the city.
What is your must see tourist site?
Fremont (3)\ Fremont and things in Fremont were a clear cut winner, which is funny because I don't think any of my friends live in Fremont.
Underground Tour (2)\ A close second was the Underground Tour and apparently they now also have an "adult" version of the tour for the 21+ crowd. When I knew I was moving to Seattle from NJ in Junior High, I did a book report on the Underground Tour. Its a little odd now that I think about it, but there was a narrow and thin book on the Tour in my Middle School library in Mt. Laurel, NJ. I recommend the tour as well.
The Underground Tour | http://www.undergroundtour.com/index.html\ The Underground Underworld Tour | http://www.undergroundtour.com/underworld/index.html | [21+]
Two people suggested complete itineraries:\ Ferry to Bainbridge, ice cream at Mora, ferry back downtown timed for sunset. Best in summertime obviously.\ https://www.bainbridgeisland.com/ferry\ http://moraicecream.com/\ While your there also go to Bloedel Reserve from the others list.
Bike to West Seattle, eat all the things, water taxi back across at night\ Plan your Bike Route: http://www.ridethecity.com/seattle#3877809\ Water Taxi Information: http://kingcounty.gov/transportation/kcdot/WaterTaxi.aspx
The others in Alphabetical Order:
- Bloedel Reserve | http://www.bloedelreserve.org/ | "Bainbridge Island"
- Discovery Park | http://www.seattle.gov/parks/environment/discovery.htm
- Flying Heritage Collection | http://flyingheritage.com/
- Kayaking | https://www.bing.com/search?setmkt=en-US&q=kayaking+seattle+wa | [So many great options]
- Museum of Flight Restoration Center at Paine Field | http://www.museumofflight.org/restoration
- Museum of History and Industry (MOHAI) | http://www.mohai.org/
- Olympic Sculpture Park | http://seattleartmuseum.org/visit/olympic-sculpture-park
- Seattle Great Wheel | http://seattlegreatwheel.com/
- Smith Tower Observation Deck | http://smithtower.com/observe/observation-deck-info-calendar/
- Volunteer Park Water Tower | http://www.seattle.gov/PARKS/park_detail.asp?id=399
- Woodland Park Zoo | http://www.zoo.org/ | "I love the Zoo!"