Pulling the headliner was one of the first things we did after we bought the boat and this weekend we completed installing the new one!!
The process was pretty simple, trace the old 1/8” plywood and vinyl covered panels onto new 3mm (or 4mm when 3mm can’t be found) marine grade plywood. Cut them out, sand, apply 3-4 coats of white satin finish paint. They undoubtedly will be off a bit, so you cut them down a bit more or sand them so they will fit properly and install the trim which we also painted white. Our salon ceiling is now white from drip rail to drip rail which makes the salon feel more open and light. Brining the white down the cabin top is an interior designer trick we heard about from friends and I think it worked out swimmingly!
The only thing left to do is to paint the pieces of 1/4 round and touch up all the spots I messed up as we were installing everything.
I am very pleased to show off the new nav station bench and and desk. This replaces the cooler and board I’ve been using for years. You can see more pics of the pieces coming together on flickr. The 1/2” … Continue reading →
While my clavicle has been healing Dawn has been busy as monkey working to convert the shelves along the port and starboard sides of the v-berth into cabinets. Along with that she’s also been working on turning that v-berth seat … Continue reading →
After purchasing Deep Playa, the first project Patrick and I completed was to tear out all the old vinyl foam that lined the entire hull of the boat. After this was complete we prepped the hull and, in some … Continue reading →
When we bought our Pearson 424, we knew right off the bat we had to replace the portlights and the teak eyebrow trim along the outsides of the cabin top. The existing portlights were old and leaked causing the interior … Continue reading →
I’ve been working on a document describing the refit we plan to do on Deep Playa. I thought it would be good to share it with all of you and see if anyone has feedback but also so others might … Continue reading →
When we bought the boat it had a normal pumping toilet which went to a Y valve for pumping into a a smallish holding bag or through a macerator pump and out to sea. This was an OK setup for … Continue reading →
Today I got most of the new sound insulation installed on the engine cover. The old soundproofing was flaking and falling off the boards to which it was attached. The new material is a vinyl foam insulation with a silver … Continue reading →
This past weekend was a good one in terms of getting things. It started out with a personal economic stimulus package when we dropped some coin at Fisheries for supplies. Mostly I stocked up on spare filters, electrical wiring components … Continue reading →
Here's the new composting toilet bolted down to the new tile floor. Looking very spiffy !! … Continue reading →